Hi guys, to continue our series, here we’ll list all the available Custom ROMs and official MIUI firmware for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 / 4 Plus. This post also includes a complete tutorial on how you can install Project Treble Custom ROMs on your tablet. Let’s not waste more time and get straight to the most interesting part.
List of the latest Android Firmware for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
First of all we’ll list Custom ROMs for Mi Pad 4. Please note, that we’re not developers, we just collect all released ROMs in one single place for your convenience.
Custom ROMs for Mi Pad 4
Benzo Rom Treble
Quite stable working ROM with a lot of customization options. Although this version comes with few bugs (they can be fixed with patches): can’t connect to PC, required to turn off certification, stock camera app isn’t working.
Arrow Os Pie Treble
Good and very stable firmware with regular updates. Comes with a few built-in themes.
Pixel Experience Pie Treble
One of the best Custom ROMs available for use. It works very smoothly and provides you with a quite stable performance. Gapps are pre-installed in this version.
Mokee Custom ROM for MiPad 4
One of the first Custom ROMs based on Lineage OS for MiPad 4 can be already downloaded and installed on your device. You can find more information on download this ROM from it’s official website.
How to install Treble Custom ROMs on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
- Before installing Treble ROM you must have unlocked bootloader on your phone.
- Then you’ll need to install TWRP Custom Recovery. We’ll include the download link and you can find installation tutorial on our website as well.
- Download misc.bin file and flash using the following command:
fastboot flash misc misc.bin
- Reboot into recovery
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Download any of the Treble ROMs from the links above. Extract downloaded archive and copy .img file to your tablet device. Download forget to download and also copy the Universal DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt Disabler tool.
- Open TWRP > Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select all the following partitions you want to wipe: Dalvik / ART cache, Data, Cache, System.
- Confirm wipe.
- Now go back to main menu, then tap on “Install” > “Install image” and locate the downloaded ROM, select “system” partition to install to.
- After installation is completed, go back to TWRP, select “Install” > “Install Zip” and locate previously downloaded Disable_Dm-Verity_FEC_v1.2.zip, then you can reboot into the system and enjoy freshly installed firmware.
Download TWRP Custom Recovery for MiPad 4: recovery.img
Official MIUI ROMs for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Here you’ll find the links to the latest China Developer & Stable ROMs. The list consist of only two versions right now and we’ll try to update this list as soon as the new ROM versions are released:
MIUI 10 China Developer 8.11.15 | Recovery
If you’re looking for an alternative to Global Stable (which is not yet released), I can recommend you to try Xiaomi.eu firmware for example. These guys are proved to provide the quality firmware for Xiaomi’s Android phones during the last few years.