Hello friends! Today we’ll be looking at the latest Android firmware ROMs for Xiaomi Mi A2. Firstly we’ll list all the available firmware version and also we’ll share with your the working method on how to fix and enable navigation gestures on your Mi A2 device.
Download Official Firmware ROMs for Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine)
Android 9 ROMs:
Android 8 ROMs:
How to root Xiaomi Mi A2?
Guys, let’s take a look on a easy solution on how you can enable root on your Mi A2 without any additional hustle. But of course you should keep in mind that you’re the one who’s responsible for any actions with your phone! So remember to make all required backups and save your personal and important data.
First of all, you need to download the corresponding kernel version for your phone, depending on what firmware is currently installed (patched kernel versions for the newer firmware are listed above):
After you’ve downloaded and copied the required patched boot file, download and install Magisk Manager. Then follow the steps below:
- Open Magisk Manager > go to “Settings” and “Update source” > “Beta channel”.
- Open Magisk Manager again and go to “Install” > “Install” > “Patch Boot image file” > Select the “boot.img” file from the device memory.
- The process will start, wait until kernel modifications are completed.
- Download required flashing drivers: tools_r28.0.0-windows.zip
- Extract the archive with drivers to “C:\Tools”.
- Now find the patched kernel by following this path “/sdcard/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img” and then copy .img file to the folder with ADB drivers, “C:\Tools” in our case.
- Boot your phone in fastboot mode, install drivers (if needed), unlock the bootloader (that’s important!) and temporary boot the patched kernel file with the following command:
fastboot boot patched_boot.img
- Pay attention that after this step you’ll have root enabled (works until the first reboot!). If you don’t need permanent root and you want to keep OTA updates option, then stop here and do not complete the next step.
- I assume you need permanent root on your phone… ok, let’s continue.
- Go back to Magisk Manager > “Install” > “Install” > “Manual installation”. Wait until installation process is completed.
- That’s it! Reboot your device.
How to enable navigation gestures on Xiaomi Mi A2?
Here’s a working method on you can easily enable the navigation gestures on your Mi A2 device if they aren’t working properly without loosing an OTA updates possibility. We’ll use the Fluid N.G. application in this exact case:
- Download Fluid N.G. application and install on your phone.
- Give all required permissions and don’t forget to enable USB-debugging.
- Install adb drivers on your PC. Extract “tools” folder to “C:\Tools”.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable and enter the following line in terminal window:
adb shell pm grant com.fb.fluid android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- You’ll see a modal window with request of debugging permission.
- That’s it, now we’ve hidden on-screen buttons and navigation gestures working.
Tutorial on how to enable Smart Lock on Mi A2
Another small tutorial is here… If you can’t find “Smart Lock” option in the menu anywhere, try the following method:
- Open “Settings” and disable “Smart Lock (Google)” in “Trust Agents”.
- Reboot your device after you’ve disabled the “Smart Lock”.
- Now after the reboot, open the “Settings” once again, go to “Trust Agents” and enable Smart Lock.
- After these really simple steps, the Smart Lock options should be back.