Newly released this June 2020, Redmi 9 drops in to give yet another option for basic to mid-range smartphone buyers on the market today. Does it top other basic smartphones? Let’s preview this new offering from Xiaomi so you can judge for yourself.
Who doesn’t shoot photos with their mobile phones? Yes, no one indeed. Everyone uses their mobile phones to snap and share their favorite spots, foods, and happenings. Redmi 9 secures a playing field with AI Quad Camera, with the following specs:
- 8MP ultra wide-angle lens, with FOV 118°, f/2.2, FF
- 13MP wide-angle lens with f/2.2, FOV 75.2°, AF
- 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4, FF
- 5MP macro lens with f/2.4, FF (4cm)
You can indeed capture beauty in every way. This quad camera lets you switch to different modes for different scenarios. And it will do great portrait and bokeh shots. Bokeh, as you know, is a popular setting. There’s just something dramatic and captivating when you apply a soft out-of-focus effect for your background. Your subject pops out more.
It’s a common knowledge. Statistics say that people are spending more and more hours on their cellphones per day. And did you know that teens can look at their screens for up to 7 hours a day? abcNEWS corroborates that info.
It’s good for Redmi 9 to take that in consideration. The 6.53” screen provides relaxed viewing and gaming. A 2340×1080 full HD+ resolution is sure to please and immerse you in visual entertainment. This Xiaomi smartphone comes with blue light certification, which guarantees eye protection. You won’t experience eye strain from long hours of use. Here are the rest of the specs:
- Dot Drop display
- 394 PPI
- 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- 1500:1 contrast ratio, Screen-to-body ratio 89.83%
- NTSC 70% (typ)
- 400 nit (typ) brightness
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
it supports color temperature adjustment and Sunlight mode. It also features Standard mode and Reading mode 2.0. You can expect brightness and colors to adjust accordingly depending on exposure to light.
Everybody wants their phone to last at least a day of use especially if you have to be outdoors. Well, Redmi comes with a battery the size of powerbanks. And it features 18W of fast charging tech. So you can peacefully watch your videos and play with friends outside for quite a long while before having to deal with charging your phone. You can take phone calls for hours and stay connected with friends and family on call and even online. Here are the rest of the specs:
- In-box 10W (5V-2A) charger
- Type-C charge port
- Built-in, and rechargeable battery
- Music playback up to 185 hours
- Calling time up to 31 hours
- Continuous navigation up to 19 hours
- Video playback up to 19 hours
And that’s it for our Redmi 9 preview. If this smartphone ticks all the important boxes for you, then you can grab it either at 3GB RAM with 32 GB storage or at 4GB RAM and 64GB storage.
Now let’s see the list of the latest official MIUI ROMs:
Xiaomi Redmi 9 (lancelot) Firmware Download Links
Redmi 9 – Global Stable ROM
- V184.108.40.206.QJCMIXM | MIUI 11 | Android 10.0 | Recovery | Fastboot
- V220.127.116.11.QJCMIXM | MIUI 11 | Android 10.0 | Recovery | Fastboot
Redmi 9 – China Stable ROM
- V18.104.22.168.QJCCNXM | MIUI 11 | Android 10.0 | Recovery | Fastboot
- V22.214.171.124.QJCCNXM | MIUI 11 | Android 10.0 | Recovery | Fastboot
- V126.96.36.199.QJCCNXM | MIUI 11 | Android 10.0 | Recovery | Fastboot
- V188.8.131.52.QJCCNXM | MIUI 11 | Android 10.0 | Recovery | Fastboot
Redmi 9 – EEA Stable ROM