This is a short guide on how to download fastboot roms from the official MIUI website and flash them on your trusty Xiaomi Mi Max device.
How to download Fastboot Rom for Xiaomi Mi Max
Let’s waste no more time and begin right now! As for example I will describe an algorithm for searching and downloading Global Developer 6.9.8 Fastboot rom for Mi Max. (NB! The method also works for finding and downloading any firmware roms for any Xiaomi phone)
- Follow this link and go to the MIUI roms download page.
- Select the firmware rom (Global or China) and phone model (Mi Max or Mi Max Pro)
ATTENTION! On the official website the following notations apply:
Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB - Phone Mi Max (Hydrogen) 2/16 and 3/32 Gb Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB Latest China Developer - Weekly Chinese Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB Latest China Stable Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB Latest Global Developer - Latest Global Weekly Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB Latest Global Stable - Latest Global Stable Rom Xiaomi Mi Max 64G / 128G - phone Mi Max Pro (Helium) 3/64 and 4/128 Gb Xiaomi Mi Max 64G / 128G Latest China Developer - Weekly Chinese Rom Xiaomi Mi Max 64G / 128G Latest China Stable - Latest stable rom
We choose the phone model here & rom for flashing. After you select everything update the browser page.
3. Ok, we’re on download page. Here you can see all available roms and current versions (both stable and weekly). Direct links to the roms are marked with green color and can be installed using a native recovery (built-in update service). We need to follow the link “Flashing Guide”.
4. Now we’re on download page for fastboot roms. Here are collected all the latest versions of the latest roms for fastboot. With these roms you can actually flash every Xiaomi smartphone model. Scroll down this list and look for a suitable rom.
5. After you find the required rom, click on it and download.
6. That’s all!