To continue our series of Mi Max 2 tutorials, here’s a method on how you can install flash your phone to MIUI Global Stable ROM from China ROM without unlocking the bootloader.
Install Global Stable ROM on Mi Max 2 with locked bootloader
- Fully charge your phone to 100%.
- Use “Updater” application to update your device to latest China ROM version via OTA.
- Enable “Developer options” (browse our website for tutorial on how to do this).
- Enable “USB-debugging”.
- Download latest Global Stable ROM for Mi Max 2 on your PC.
- Install Chinese version of Mi PC Suite and update it to the latest version if possible.
- Now we’ll install the Global Stable ROM.
- Start with booting your phone into recovery mode. Turn it off, then press “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons at the same time, wait until Mi logo appear on the screen and release the “Power” button, keep holding “Volume Up” until recovery menu shows on the screen.
- Select “Connect with Miassistant”. You should see instructions on the screen.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Mi PC Suite a window with 3 buttons should appear, press the first top button and locate Global ROM archive on your PC. Wait until flashing process is completed and your device automatically reboots into system.
In case your phone stuck at Mi logo and doesn’t boot into system, press “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons until Mi logo shows on the screen, release the “Power” button and wait for recovery menu to appear on the screen. Select “Connect with Miassistant” once again and connect your phone to PC. In Mi PC Suite select the second button and confirm by pressing the button with orange symbols. This will wipe and factory reset your device. After you can try to repeat the steps above again.