Here’s a step by step method on how you can boot your Xiaomi Mi 4 phone in EDL mode. Please note, that you’re doing everything at your own risk, and you’re responsible for any possible issues. Now after we’ve said it, let’s continue to the tutorial.
Boot Xiaomi Mi4 and Mi4W in EDL (Download) Mode
- Boot your phone in fastboot mode. To do this: turn off, then press “Volume -“ and “Power” button at the same time, after fastboot logo appeared on the screen connect your phone to PC. Make sure you’ve download and install ADB drivers on your PC. You search our site for these.
- Download and install minimal adb fastboot 1.4.2.
- Download archive TWRP_3.0.2-0_Cancro_for_Mi4_Mi4w.rar, unpack it and move the “recovery.img” file to the same folder with installed minimal adb fastboot 1.4.2 files.
- Go to the folder with minimal adb fastboot (“C:\Program Files x86\minimal adb fastboot” by default) and run fastboot file.
- In the openeed command prompt enter this command to check if device is connected.
- If device is connected and found successfully, we can flash TWRP Custom Recovery by typing:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After TWRP is installed, type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your phone.
- Now boot into TWRP Custom Recovery by pressing “Volume +” and “Power” buttons.
- After TWRP has started, we’re going to check if the found is recognized in adb mode by typing:
- If you see your device unique number in “List of devices attached” then your phone is recognized in adb mode. Now we can boot in EDL by typing:
adb reboot edl
- Now your phone should be recognized in “Device Manager” as “COM port 9008 device”. That means you’ve successfully boot in EDL mode.