Below you’ll find download links for the latest TWRP Custom Recovery modifications for Xiaomi Redmi 3S / 3X phone. To find ADB and other required drivers please visit this post and to find the latest Custom ROMs, including Android 8 Oreo, you may proceed here.
TWRP Custom Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 3X
You’ll need to unlock the bootloader before installing custom recovery on your phone.
Download ZCX-TWRP for Redmi 3S / 3X
This version is currently under development. We’ve got an Alpha release for Redmi 3S phone.
- OTA support.
- ad-hosts support.
- SuperSU v2.79 included.
- English and Chinese language.
- and more…
How to flash ZCX-TWRP on Redmi 3S / 3X
- Download ZCX-Recovery image: download link
- Install ADB drivers, if you haven’t done that previously.
- Copy downloaded custom recovery .img file to the folder with ADB files and rename .img file to “recovery.img”.
- In the folder with ADB files, press and hold “Shift” key and click right mouse button, in the menu select “Open command window here”.
- Reboot your device in fastboot mode and connect to PC.
- Type in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot boot recovery.img
Download TWRP Installer Tool for Redmi 3S / 3X
How to use TWRP Installer Tool?
- First of all unlock the bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock
- You should have Redmi 3S device with Android 6.0 installed.
- Download TWRP Installer tool and unpack downloaded archive.
- Start “twrp-installer.bat”.
- Start your phone in fastboot mode and follow the instructions on the screen.
- After installation is completed, your phone will automatically boot into TWRP Recovery. On the first startup you will see a confirmation message “Keep System Read Only?”:
- If you select “Mount system partition read-only”, you can receive OTA updates for official MIUI ROMs.
- If you swipe to confirm system partition modification, you’ll need to do additional thing, go to “Advanced settings” and enable “Disable dm-verify”. Otherwise your device will stuck at Mi logo while starting.
- Now you can reboot into system or continue working with TWRP Custom Recovery.
CyanogenMod 13 Recovery for Redmi 3S
Download Stock Recovery for Redmi 3S
Below you can download official MIUI Stock Recovery file for Xiaomi Redmi 3S: official_MIUI_recovery_redmi3s.zip