Please note that there are 2 rom versions of the firmware: “Hydrogen” – Mi Max with 32GB internal memory and “Helium” – Mi Max with 64GB and 128GB.
How to flash Xiaomi Mi Max with MultiROM
- Your device must be unlocked.
- Install TWRP from fastboot
- Get rid of the “data” – use this command “fastboot format userdata”
- Enter TWRP from fastboot mode, make sure you bypass the system loading, or TWRP will be replaced with the original Mi Recovery firmware.
- In TWRP mode your device will be recognized by the computer as a flash drive, just copy the MultiROM file to the internal memory.
- If you didn’t format the “data” partion (it’s not encrypted), then you need to wipe “data”.
- Install the firmware by clicking “Install” in TWRP.