Here’s another tutorial for Xiaomi Mi4c owners. In this post we are going to show you how to flash TWRP Custom Recovery and then root Mi 4c phone. Please pay attention, that you’re doing everything at your own risk and author is not responsible for any possible issues with your device.
Please pay attention that on official China ROMs, both developer (starting from 6.1.14) and Stable China ROM (starting from 188.8.131.52), Xiaomi has locked the bootloader and removed the root option. On Official Stable Android 5.1 ROM (starting from 184.108.40.206) you can’t get root. If you try installing SuperSU, you’ll most probably get a bootloop. You can freely install SuperSU and enable root on Stable Android 7.1 Nougat ROMs.
Install TWRP Custom Recovery and get rooted Xiaomi Mi 4c
How to flash TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi4c
- Boot your Mi 4c device into fastboot mode. Turn off your phone, press “Power” button and “Volume Down” until fastboot logo appears on the screen.
- Download the TWRP archive for Mi4c.
- Unpack the downloaded archive.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Open command prompt as administrator and run “recovery.bat” file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen by simply pressing “Enter” button on a keyboard.
- Once the installation is completed, close the command prompt.
- You device should boot into TWRP Custom Recovery mode.
- On some device, touch mode could be a little bit lagged, simply wait around 1-3 minutes, it should start working after some time.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4c
Root Mi4c with a Stable ROM:
- You must have TWRP Custom Recovery installed!
- Download the archive with SuperSU.
- Copy downloaded archive to phone internal memory.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Click “Install” and select SuperSU archive.
- Confirm with swipe.
- Reboot into system.
Root Mi4c with a Developer ROM:
- Locate the “Security” app.
- Go to “Authorization”.
- Select ROOT.
- In the list of application, chose the one’s you want to enable root access.