In this post, we’ll cover all currently developed Android 9 Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 6 Pro device. Check out this link to learn more about Android 9 latest features
Last year, Xiaomi has been releasing all possible variations for their fifth generation of mobile smartphone and one of these smartphones is Redmi Note 6 Pro – a worthy successor with enlarged screen and dual front camera. The excellent balance between its price and technical characteristics gives this model every chance to become popular among the users.
As previously noted, today we’ll cover all the available custom ROMs for this phone.
General Tutorial on How to install these ROMs:
- Open TWRP.
- Wipe Dalvik/System/Cache/Data partitions.
- Reboot your device and start in TWRP once again.
- Flash downloaded ROM.
- Reboot into system.
Android 9 Custom Firmware for Redmi Note 6 Pro (Tulip)
|Name||Status||Base||Android Version||Author||Download link|
|Evolution X||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|AICP 14.0||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|Candy||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|ValidusOS Beta 4.0||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|PixelDirty||Official||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||Bruno_Mi||Download ROM|
|BaikalOS||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|COSP||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|Ancient Rom-CIVILIZATION v1.1||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|PixysOS 2.4||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|Superrior OS Destructor||Official||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||Advertpvan||Download ROM|
|ZirconiumAosp||Official||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||Gautham Asir||Download ROM|
|POSP V2.1||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||rahul.s||Download ROM|
|AospExtended ROM V6.3||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||blackman01||Download ROM|
|dotOS v3.0||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|SyberiaOS V2.3||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||Rashed||Download ROM|
|AICP 14.0 ||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|Pixel Experience||Official||Based on AOSP/CAF||Android 9.0||Aryan Gupta||Download ROM|
|Havoc OS 2.6||Official||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||linuxlover1337||Download ROM|
|SuperiorOS-Nemesis||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|Bootleggers ROM VoLTE||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||taranhora||Download ROM|
|AospExtended v6.2||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||blackman01||Download ROM|
|COSP||Unofficial||Based on AOSP||Android 9.0||Alwyn_N||Download ROM|
|crDroid Android v5.4||Unofficial||Based on LOS||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|Beetle OS||Unofficial||Based on LOS||Android 9.0||Sourav Gope||Download ROM|
|Liquid Remix ROM V-10.0.5||Unofficial||Based on LOS||Android 9.0||Rahul||Download ROM|
|Lineage OS v16.0||Unofficial||Based on LOS||Android 9.0||Shivam Kumar Jha||Download ROM|
|Mokee OS||Official, Treble||Based on LOS||Android 9.0||rama982||Download ROM|
|XenonHD||Unofficial||Based on LOS||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
|Resurrection Remix 7.0.2||Unofficial||Based on LOS||Android 9.0||iodine71||Download ROM|
Details on how to flash LOS based ROMs
With the latest changes in Google and LineageOS teams, the new ROMs can be only flashed on encrypted “data” partition.
When switching from stock MIUI ROM doesn’t format “data” partition, cause it’s encrypted by default. Simply complete all other steps.
In case “data” partition is already decrypted, then simply flash any MIUI ROM version, you don’t even need to reboot into it. Also you can do this without any reinstalls. Open “Settings” > “Security” > “Encrypt data”.
Pay attention, that if the encryption is enabled, you may require a password when entering TWRP, don’t worry, this is how it should be.
How to switch from MIUI to Custom ROM?
Important notice: there’s no built-in firmware in Custom ROMs, so it won’t change the current version of the bootloader and modem. This means that it won’t get bricked device.
- When you first time flash the Custom ROM, data partition will be erased, so make sure you make all the required backups. We can recommend Titanium Backup or MyBackup app. Photos and music you can simply save on your PC.
- If you do backup in TWRP remember to remove any locks.
- Download Custom ROM you want to flash and the corresponding version of Gapps. Move these to phone internal memory.
- Boot into TWRP, make full wipe (system, data, internal memory, caches), reboot in recovery once again. After reboot, format “data” partition. Reboot once again. If you’re installing LOS based ROM, no need to format “data” partition.
- After all the steps above we have crystal clear device and we can continue with ROM and Gapps installations.
- In TWRP open “Install” menu, locate downloaded ROM .zip archive and GApps, add additional patches in order in case you have some.
- Confirm with swipe.
- Wait around 10 minutes until installation is fully finished and your phone reboots into the system.
- Enjoy newly installed ROM.
Share you experience and honest opinions on the custom firmware in the comments section below. Maybe you’re using one already or know which one is the best, don’t hesitate to give your suggestions to the community.