The Redmi Note 8T continues the Xiaomi tradition of bundling impressive specs in affordable offerings. This phone boasts a quad shooter. One with an extremely generous 48-megapixel main camera, that also shoots with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide mode. It contains a 2-megapixel depth sensor too. And the selfie camera manages impressive 13-megapixel shots.
The Note 8T’s 6.3-inch display is both bright and crisp at its FullHD resolution. Under the hood, a Snapdragon 665 chip supplies the processing chops. In addition, a 4000mAh battery accompanied by 18W fast-charging ensures that the device stays powered for extended periods.
Its UI is the sleek MIUI 10 running on Android 9.0. Still, incoming updates will bump the MIUI to the latest version: MIUI 11. Whereas you can update the phone with official, stable ROMs—you also have the option of unlocking its bootloader to install some innovative custom ROMs. So here, we list links to the ROMs you should consider downloading.
Download Official MIUI ROMs for Redmi Note 8T
- Global Stable – V126.96.36.199.PCXMIXM / MIUI 11
- EEA Stable – V188.8.131.52.PCXEUXM / MIUI 11
- Russia Stable – V184.108.40.206.PCXRUXM / MIUI 11
- Recovery: Download
- Fastboot: Download
Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 8T (willow)
Download Revenge OS for Redmi Note 8T
Revenge OS v3.1 | Beta – Android 10.0 Q
If you wish to use a skin other than MIUI, then these custom AOSP ROMs offer just that. They thus provide an easy way to upgrade your experience from the Android version that comes with Note 8T.
Download LineageOS ROM for Redmi Note 8T
Source: XDA | Status: Unofficial | Android 10
- lineage-17.1-20200112-UNOFFICIAL-willow.zip / Android 10 / Download
Download PixelExperience ROM for Redmi Note 8T
- Redmi Note 8T – v10.0-20200116-1433 / Android 10 / Download
Download crDroid ROM for Redmi Note 8T
- Redmi Note 8T – 10.0-20200123-willow-v6.2 / Android 10 / Download
Download Potato Open Sauce Project ROM for Redmi Note 8T
Status: Official | Android 9 AOSP | XDA Thread
- Redmi Note 8/8T – 20191214.Baked-v2.3.zip / Android 9 / Download
How to install?
- Flash TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Make all required backups.
- Wipe “system data” & “cache”.
- Flash downloaded ROM .zip file.
- Optionally you can flash Gapps on your phone.
- Reboot your device and wait for 5 mins.
- Enjoy freshly installed ROM.
You need to install or flash the official TWRP for Xiaomi Redmi note 8T before you install the AOSP ROMs listed above. Also, remember to flash the requisite GApps packages with every ROM install. But, most importantly, you risk bricking your device with every install. So, backup before you start flashing.