I’d like to welcome fellow Linux user here. In this short tutorial we’ll show you on how you can flash TWRP Custom Recovery on your Xiaomi smartphone using the Ubuntu, Linux Mint, elementary OS or any other Linux distro.
TWRP Installation Tutorial for Linux Mint and Ubuntu users
This method will work for every Xiaomi device model and every TWRP Custom Recovery version. Basically steps are always identical. The only thing you must consider is that you should have unlocked bootloader on your device before starting with TWRP installation.
- Download the required TWRP .img file for your device model. Do not try to flash TWRP for different device.
- Open the folder with previously downloaded recovery.img and use right mouse button to open the terminal window.
- Start your device in fastboot mode. If you don’t know how to do to, please browse our website, you’ll find a tutorial here.
- Now use the terminal window and enter the following commands in the right order:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phablet-team/tools sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install phablet-tools android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
- Connect your device to PC, next command should display your device unique ID number:
sudo fastboot devices
- Now we’re going to flash TWRP with the following command (where “recovery.img” is the name of recovery file you’ve downloaded):
sudo fastboot flash recovery.img
- Flashing process will take around 10 seconds.
- After installation is completed disconnect your device from PC and hold “Power” button to exit fastboot mode.
- Now you’ve TWRP Custom Recovery installed on your device. You can proceed with Custom ROM installation and other experiments.