Hello, friends! Recently we’ve made a few posts about Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition and today we will show you how you can restore IMEI on your phone. Before continuing to this tutorial you’ll need to have root, USB-debugging enabled, your IMEI code from the box and all drivers installed on your PC.
How to restore IMEI on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition
- First connect your device to PC via USB cable and start Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Enter these commands in command prompt:
adb devices adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
- Device will be reconnected.
- Now enter the commands below:
adb shell su getprop sys.usb.config
- At this point, in device manager you should see a COM port and Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 901D (COM21).
- Download and unpack kate_00000000_0.zip
- Open 00000000_0.qcn file from previously downloaded archive with Hex Workshop.
- Now start IMEI Converter.exe and enter your IMEI for SIM 1 (later for SIM 2).
- In the Hex Workshop find this line “08 8A 06 51 03 73 10 95 56” and replace with your SIM 1 IMEI code from IMEI Converter. Now look for “08 8A 06 51 03 73 10 95 49” and replace with SIM 2 code from IMEI Converter.
- Save and close Hex Workshop.
- Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot and enter these commands:
adb shell su dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/modemst1 dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/modemst2 dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 of=/sdcard/fsg dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p16 reboot
- Repeat steps 1-4.
- Start QPST tool and select device (if it doesn’t recognized click on “Add New Port”).
- Press “Start Clients” > “Software Download” and locate 00000000_0.qcn
- Click on “Restore” tab and press “Start”.
- Reboot your device.
- That’s it! You should now have IMEI restored.