Some users have been requesting us to post a tutorial on how to restore hardbricked Xiaomi Mi4i smartphone. So I’ve spend some time lurking and found this method, which as far as I understand helped some people. If you can’t turn on your Mi4i, it doesn’t boot into recovery or fastboot mode and when you connect it to PC it is recognized as “Forge HS-USB QDLoader 9008”, you can try the steps below to fix it.
How to restore Mi 4i (ferrari) from Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 mode
- First of all you’ll need to download and install MiFlash (20141107): MiPhone20141107.exe
- Before installing MiFlash, reboot your PC and press “F8”, select disable driver enforcement off (here’s more detailed guide).
- Download Mi4i fastboot MIUI .tgz ROM.
- Unpack downloaded ROM archive, so that you see “Images” folder with ROM files.
- Wait until your phone is discharged completely.
- Connect it to PC via USB cable. It should be recognized as “* HS-USB QDLoader 9008” in device manager.
- Start MiFlash, press “Refresh”. Now you should see your device in MiFlash as a COM-port.
- Press “Browse…” and select the folder with unpacked ROM files.
- Select “Flash all” option in the bottom and press “Flash”.
- The flashing process will take around 7-8 minutes, wait until you’ll see a success message telling the ROM is flashed.
- Your device will automatically reboots.
- Remove USB cable and press “Power” button to start your device.
- First startup will take around 5-10 minutes.
- Enjoy your freshly installed MIUI rom!
You can find and downloaded latest official MIUI ROMs from this link.