Xiaomi Mi A1 is one of the most interesting products coming from Xiaomi and I’m pretty much convinced that is is going to be quite popular all around the world. We’ve already posted a few guides like, how to unlock Mi A1 bootloader as well as tutorial on how to install ADB and fastboot drivers, make sure you’ve also check them.
Xiaomi Mi A1 (tissot) – Official Firmware ROMs
In this post we are going to try to list all currently released official ROMs for Xiaomi Mi A1 phone. We will update this post with the new releases as soon as possible. You can always remind me in the comments below!
Fastboot ROM for Mi A1
Recovery ROM for Mi A1
Incremental OTA Updates for Mi A1
Download USB Drivers for Xiaomi Mi A1
Below you can download the required USB drivers for your Mi A1 Android smartphone. Download the required version for your operation system and check out this post to find installation instructions.
- Windows version: tools_r26.0.1-windows.zip
- Linux version: tools_r26.0.1-linux.zip
- MacOS version: tools_r26.0.1-macosx.zip
How to install Stock ROM (fastboot) on Xiaomi Mi A1
First of all, make sure your phone have at least 50% battery charge and secondary it’s recommended to use stock USB cable and rear USB ports on your PC.
- Download USB drivers for your OS.
- Unpack “Tools” folder to “C:\Tools”.
- Download required ROM version.
- Unpack downloaded ROM .tgz archive to the previously unpacked “Tools” folder. It’s recommended to use WinRAR for extracting .tgz archives.
- Install drivers for fastboot mode (we’ve previously made a instruction post, you can find the link in the first paragraph). P.S. No need to install fastboot drivers on Linux or MacOS.
- Next you are required to unlock bootloader on your Mi A1. You can find tutorial on our website.
- Now after you’ve successfully unlocked bootloader, you can continue with flashing your Mi A1.
- Go to “Tools” folder and select the required script:
- flash_all.bat – Flash new ROM with full wipe.
- flash_all_except_storage.bat – Flash new ROM and save all personal data on your phone.
- flash_all_lock.bat – Flash new ROM with full wipe and lock bootloader.
- flash_all_lock_crc.bat – Flash new ROM with full wipe, lock bootloader and encrypt data partition.
- Wait until installation process is completed and your phone automatically reboot into system. First startup make take around 10-15 minutes.
How to update Xiaomi Mi A1 with ADB Sideload
Using this method you can manually install Incremental OTA Updates on your Mi A1 smartphone. Pay attention! You can install OTA updates only if you’ve got stock recovery and stock bootloader on your phone, bootloader lock status also doesn’t matter in this case.
- Download USB drivers for your operating system.
- Unpack “Tools” folder to “C:\Tools”.
- Download required update and copy to “C:\Tools” folder.
- Turn off your smartphone and then boot into Recovery mode. To boot Mi A1 in recovery, turn it off and then press and hold “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
- You should see “Android” logo on the screen, and may be “No command” message.
- Now we will need to enter Recovery menu. Press “Power” button and at the same time press “Volume Up” button for a second, and then release “Power” button. Maybe it will not work the first time, just try again, just don’t let your phone reboot itself.
- When you’ve entered recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate and select “Apply update from ADB”, confirm by pressing “Power” button. You can also use “Apply update from sdcard” to install update straight from SD card.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- If you’re connecting your phone for the first time, make sure you’ve installed all drivers correctly. Refer to driver installation tutorial.
- Go to “Tools” folder with our OTA update, then press and hold “Shift” key and click right mouse button on empty space, select “Open command window here”.
- In the opened command prompt enter this command to check if device is connected and recognized successfully:
- If your device is found successfully, you’ll see device unique number. You can continue with updating. If you don’t see device ID, try to reinstall drivers again.
- To start flashing process, enter this line, where “update.zip” is the name of downloaded OTA update archive.
adb sideload update.zip
- Wait until installation is completed.
- Now you can reboot by selecting “Reboot system now”, press “Power” button to confirm.
- First startup make take around 10-15 minutes.
That’s pretty much it! We will try to update this most with more important information as well as fresh ROM releases in the future. Have a great day everybody!