There’s been a lot of updates for different Xiaomi Redmi 4X Custom ROMs recently that we’ve actually missed quite a bit. The one custom ROM which is really stands out is ViperOS. Below we’ll list download links, installation tutorial and additional information about this great piece of software.
Download latest ViperOS v3.1 for Redmi 4X (santoni)
ViperOS v3.1 known bugs: None. Build on Android 7.1.2.
Thread on XDA Forum: link
How to install Viper OS?
Pay attention that we’re not responsible for any possible issues, neither do ROM developers. You do everything at your own risk.
- First of all you’ll need to download ViperOS ROM archive and copy it to phone internal memory.
- Boot into TWRP Custom Recovery and go to “Wipe” menu.
- Tap on “Advanced Wipe” and select the following partitions: Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Data & Cust.
- Swipe to wipe.
- Now go back to main menu and tap on “Install”.
- Locate download ROM and swipe to install.
- To fix WiFi issues you’ll need to download the patch below and flash the WiFi fix separately. If you want to install Gapps, then download Open Gapps for ARM64, 7.1 Pico and flash right after ROM installation without booting into system. If you don’t need Gapps, simply skip this step.
Open Gapps (ARM64, 7.1 Pico): http://opengapps.org/
Firmware update (required if you’re flashing from Android 6): los14-firmware_update-santoni.zip
WiFi patch: wifi_fix.zip
Download ViperOS v3.1: Android FileHost