Below we’ve gathered information and download links for Xiaomi Mi 5S TWRP Custom Recovery. Download the latest version and learn how to flash TWRP on your device. Pay attention that you must unlock the bootloader and have ADB drivers installed correctly on your PC.
Download and flash TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 5S (capricorn)
Official TWRP Custom Recovery for Capricorn
Here’s the link to the official version of TWRP Custom Recovery for Xiaomi Mi5S (capricorn):
ZCX-TWRP For Mi5S
ZCX-TWR-3.0.2 Recovery with One-Click Installer
- Download and unpack ZCX-TWR-3.0.2: ZCX-TWR-3.0.2-X-MI5S-Capricorn-16.12.26.rar
- You must unlock bootloader and have ADB drivers installed on your PC.
- Start your device in fastboot mode. Turn off your phone first, then press “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons at the same time and wait until fastboot logo appear on the screen.
- Connct your phone to PC via USB-cable.
- Run “flash.bat” file from the unpacked archive with TWRP. The script will automatically install TWRP Custom Recovery and reboot your device in recovery mode.
- On the first startup TWRP will be in Chinese language. To change the language in TWRP, press the bottom right button, then tap on globe icon and select required language. Swipe to confirm.
- If you want to root your device, then in TWRP main menu tap on “Advanced” and “ROOT”, swipe to confirm. This will install SuperSU 2.79 on your phone.
How to manually install TWRP Custom Recovery on Mi5S (capricorn)
- Download required version of TWRP Custom Recovery you want to flash.
- Start your phone in fastboot mode and connect to PC.
- Move downloaded TWRP .img file to the folder with ADB files and rename it to “recovery.img”.
- Open terminal window from the folder with ADB files and type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This will flash recovery on your device.
In case you don’t have installed drivers on your PC, then you can download required ADB drivers for Xiaomi Mi 5S here.
How to fix Error 7 in TWRP Custom Recovery on Mi5S
Here’s a solution for Error 7 on Xiaomi Mi 5S. You’ll need to download one of the following firmware versions and update your device via TWRP.
You’ll also need to update the firmware to the latest version in case you want to flash Lineage OS or Resurrection ROM.
Install firmware via TWRP Custom Recovery before flashing Custom ROM. Check GitHub link for the latest versions.