Below you’ll find tutorial on how to install custom kernel on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro device and download links for most popular custom kernels currently available. These kernels are suitable for both Kenzo and Kate (Special Edition) devices. Don’t forget to backup stock kernel! Also it’s recommended to backup EFS partition just in case.
Download and install custom kernel on Redmi Note 3 Pro
How to flash custom kernel on Redmi Note 3 Pro with TWRP
- Download custom kernel you want to install and copy it to phone memory.
- Boot into TWRP Custom Recovery and wipe “Cache” & “Dalvik Cache” (may not be necessary depending on kernel version).
- Make backup of currently installed kernel version. Open “Backup” menu in TWRP, and select only “boot” partition. Swipe to confirm backup.
- Now backup lib and lib64 folders. Use any file manager app to find and save these folders. If you want to downgrade back to stock kernel, you’ll need to restore these folders. Otherwise you can simply backup whole “system” and “boot” partition with TWRP (lib and lib64 folders are located in system partition).
- Now we want to install custom kernel on our device. Open TWRP Custom Recovery, select “Install” and choose previously downloaded custom kernel version. Swipe to confirm installation.
- After installation is finished, wipe “Dalvik” and “Cache”.
- Reboot into system and enjoy freshly installed kernel.
Another method of installing kernel with TWRP:
- Download kernel boot.img file and copy to phone memory.
- Boot into TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Select “Install img”.
- Find downloaded kernel .img file.
- Swipe to confirm. Select “Boot” partition and install.
- Wipe “Dalvik” and “Cache”.
- Reboot into system.
Download custom kernel for Redmi Note 3 Pro
Radon Kenzo V4.7: XDA link
NeonKerneL: XDA link
AGNi pureMIUI-MM: XDA link
Blaze -6: XDA link
GUYVER Kernel: XDA link
ZETSUBOU Kernel: XDA link