With the Redmi Go, Xiaomi has catered for users who are changing over from feature to smart phones. It is thus the company’s most affordable offering yet. And it runs on Android Go Edition.
Despite a modest price point, the Redmi Go does not skimp on the hardware. For example, it has an HD (720 x 1280), 5-inch screen with about 296ppi of pixel density. Its Snapdragon 425 chip coupled with an Adreno 308 GPU ensures that the processing carries on decently.
The phone’s 8-megapixel main camera and 5-megapixel selfie shooter make for decent photos. And users have the option of expanding the Redmi Go’s 8 GB storage with microSDs to house as much content as they need.
What impressed us also was the 3000mAh battery pack. It resulted in a performance that not only lasted for more than 12 hours but also felt unlabored. And this is considerable given the fact that the phone runs on only 1 GB of RAM.
As an Android Go phone, users have the option of installing various generic system images (GSIs) on this Redmi. Latest GSI releases include pure AOSPs and AOSP-based ROMs such as the LineageOS and Havoc OS offerings. So, for this article, I will share some links that you may try out.
Download AOSP GSIs for Xiaomi Redmi Go (tiare)
You may find many more AOSP GSIs, but not all work as well with the Redmi Go. The two listed above are the ones that presented the least issues when flashed on the Redmi GO
If you want to add some flair to the pure AOSP experience, then installing custom ROMs is the way to go. These are some that we found to work particularly well on the Redmi Go:
Download Resurrection Remix GSI builds for Xiaomi Redmi Go
- Resurrection Remix — Android Pie GSI / Download
Download Havoc OS GSI builds for Xiaomi Redmi Go
- Havoc OS — v2.9-20190914 / Download
Download LineageOS GSI builds for Xiaomi Redmi Go
- LineageOS — v4 / ARM32 A-only device / Download
Official MIUI Roms for Redmi Go
The Redmi Go is the first Xiaomi device to offer an Android Go experience—and an affordable one at that. Still, if after flashing the ROMs listed above, you may re-install the stock GSI ROM that came with your phone.
You may find these at the download links below:
Redmi Go – Global Stable ROM
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.18.0.OCLMIXM / Recovery / Download / OTA
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.17.0.OCLMIXM / Recovery / Download / OTA
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.16.0.OCLMIXM / Recovery / Download
Redmi Go – Russian Stable ROM
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.14.0.OCLRUXM / Recovery / Download / OTA
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.13.0.OCLRUXM / Recovery / Download / OTA
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.12.0.OCLRUXM / Recovery / Download
Redmi Go – India Stable ROM
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.15.0.OCLINXM / Recovery / Download / OTA
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.14.0.OCLINXM / Recovery / Download / OTA
- Xiaomi Redmi Go V10.2.13.0.OCLINXM / Recovery / Download
Redmi Go – EEA Stable ROM